How to take care of laminate floors
Laminate flooring is a popular product that is multi-layer synthetic that is fused together with a lamination process. It simulates mostly wood with the inner core composing of melamine resin. It is reasonably easier to install. However, in order to enjoy flooring for longer time, attention shall be given to care. Here are some points to consider.
- Attend to spills immediately. Allowing liquids to stay longer on laminate floors can cause problems. Use a damp cloth to pick up spills.
- To remove tough stains such as oil, paint, markers, and spilled make-up use bit of nail polish remover containing acetone and use a clean damp cloth to wipe out any residue immediately.
- Maintain your floor regularly. This includes sweeping, dusting, vacuuming with proper equipment recommended for laminate floor care.
- When using cleaning products on laminated floors, make sure they are recommended for laminate care.
- Regularly washing laminate floors with damp and wet mops, soapy water, or other liquids could cause the floor to swell, warp or even delaminate. You may also lose your warranty of the floor, so, avoid them.
- Do not use steel wool, ammonia based cleaners or any abrasive cleaners on your laminate floor.
- Buffing and polishing is not recommended for laminate floors so, avoid them.